Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2009

I'm Back


I'm back from the beach and city tour with Gil (the new tour guide).Her real name is Gilvania, but we call ehr Gil (wich is pronounced geeoo). There are tons of weird names here. The ones I've heard so far were: Nildo, Gilvania, Socorro, and Espedito. Here are some things I remember from the city tour. There was this beach that was before, coveres in rocks. Now it isn't. Because of that they call it "Praia Areia Preta" (Black Sand Beach). Oh, and alsothey said, there was a law in Natal, that said that buildindings could have 4 floors maximum. There was also a fort built in the middle of the sea. It's not any fort. It's a real fort. A war fort. But there was so much sun that I didn't see much of it. We also wen't to the beach, as I said before. The water was warm and light turquoise. We jumped over some huge waves and I got a new bikini. Did you know that Natal, which is in Brazil, is closer to Africa than to São Paulo, which is also in Brazil? Natal is just 2800 kilometers from Africa. Cool, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment